Misapplication of rules

oofdeluxe

Admin(s) Key: Breenland
Your ckey (Byond username): Good christian boy oof
Your Discord name (if applicable): oof

Date(s) of incident (GMT preferred): 16/05/19

Nature of complaint: Misapplication of rules/Abuse of power

Brief description (tl;dr here. Just the critical elements): End of round, I threw an ied into space and got temp banned for 2 hours

Full description of events: It was the end of round and I had an IED I was saving in a tool box in case of spiders, the shuttle had just arrived at the new station for crew turnover and someone had opened a hole in the shuttle so I decide to throw out the IED. Immediately after the round restarted and I got temp banned for shuttle grief for 2 hours despite never actually touching the shuttle or anyone inside. I feel this is an unfair and downright misuse of admin powers.

• Salt 1

Hi there,

It appears, from the logs, you were attempting to throw an IED onto the shuttle. This looks very much like shuttle grief, even if you did intend to throw it out a hole in the shuttle, rather than at the shuttle itself.

I don't see a "downright misuse of admin powers" here at all, I see a (possibly) mistaken ban based on an assumption that, 99% of the time is accurate. This would have been better cleared up in an appeal or PM, as the ban was only 2 hours long.

• Abydos locked this topic