Bone White got a little trigger happy.

LennethV

Admin Key: Bone White

Complaint: Okay, last friday at around 7:15 Pacific Time, I happened to be playing a Traitor Scientist. Now, my objective was easy and I was getting on the escape shuttle. I thought I'd emag it to leave early, when the HoP tried to stun me/ arrest me. Since my objective involved escaping quote "Alive and Free", I pulled out the revolver and blew their head off in a single shot (You really need to Nerf the revolver, it's way too powerful for the sort of weapon it is) which I didn't mean to do. Without a second thought, I walk over to a seat and announce something to the effect of "Don't try anything and no one else will have to die". Bone White had made a generic announcement stating that there would be no more violence from antags after the shuttle left (Which strikes me as a bit odd since, you know, it's a little too specific.) I missed it because it was buried under a wall of text. After the shuttle leaves, I make myself content to just wait out the rest of the round when the Detective comes right up to me and flashes me. Somehow I managed to get up before he could cuff me and fired off another shot because, again, my objective stated that I had to escape "Alive and free" I was IP banned for this, which also banned my friend who's network I was on, when I was completely justified in defending myself so that I could complete my objective. It didn't need to get violent, but the detective attacked me first, so what was I to do?

Anyways, my complaint is that he was being:

A) Biased towards non-antags.

B) Trigger Happy in banning me without even attempting to listen to my side of the story.

and C) Excessive by banning someone who had nothing to do with the incident.

To shed some more light on the complaint, the announcement was something along the lines of:

"No non-antagonist combat aboard the shuttle or bans will be handed out. You have been warned."

Additionally, copied from the related unban appeal:

Old Man Henderson / Lenneth V, was not listed on the admin list of antagonists, nor did an antagonist icon appear by their sprite.

For the 15-20 minutes before the shuttle docked, there were idiotic attacks all over the station. I had my hands full investigating them. Punches, flashbangs, fire extinguishers, drunken brawls, people being thrown on tables. I foresaw this would not stop on the shuttle, and there were no antagonists that I could see, (again, Old Man Henderson didn't have an icon showing they were an antagonist), who would have any reason to do so. By reminding everyone of the shuttle grief rule, I hoped to curb the combat on the shuttle, so I can deal with the actual griefers.

Additionally, we IP ban by default, and I had no prior knowledge of you sharing IP with any other player.

No admins were on who could delay the round end, which is why I took the precaution of warning the players about the shuttle grief rule, and mass-stunning everyone after the shuttle had docked.

In summary, had the antag hud worked or the antagonist list showed you as being an antagonist, this would've never occurred. I acted based upon the information available to me, and as soon as this was shown to be unreliable, the ban was removed.

This just seems to be a simple misunderstanding due to the antag HUD not working properly.

A) Biased towards non-antags.

- As there was no awareness at the time that you were an antag, I can't see how this is at all possible.

B) Trigger Happy in banning me without even attempting to listen to my side of the story.

When it comes to in round activities, it is quite normal to. In this case - mistakenly due to the antagHUD - this appears to have looked like a case of shuttle grief. Due to a bunch of other stuff going on - and believe me when I say that the end of round is -very- spammy to us - we often don't have time to discuss with each and every person involved. Especially in this case as bone white cannot delay the round end - something I'll look at fixing.

C) Excessive by banning someone who had nothing to do with the incident.

- IP bans are fairly standard. Less than 1% of players share an IP with someone else, and I personally can't ever remember an alert that you two are on the same IP, both being players who are known to me. This simple issue was cleared up quite quickly.

----

It seems the main issue here was due to the failure of the antag HUD - which from what I understand bone is looking into as a coder - and the rushed nature of the end of round. Bone White will be given the ability to delay round ends so hopefully this doesn't happen again.