Admin complaint against Coolrune206

PPI

Admin(s) Key: Coolrune206
Your ckey (Byond username): ppi
Your Discord name (if applicable): ppi

Date(s) of incident (GMT preferred): 2023/12/09

ROUND ID: 38362

Nature of complaint: Abuse of power/misconduct
(Select all that apply: EG - clarification required, misapplication of rules, misconduct, abuse of powers, feedback, other)
Links to all relevant ban appeals for any bans related to this complaint:

Brief description (tl;dr here. Just the critical elements):

Keeps abusing buildmode tipping

Full description of events:

Often when they are online alone, they either spawn the cursed slot machines that kills you if you lose, or spams tipping so much so that you can tell its them just by it happening. Now this round is what caused it to be too much. Vendor rampage, and they decided to flip a vendor and spam flip it, which means you cant put it down, cause it can still flip, you cant break it, cause it still flips. and seeing this happen over multiple rounds, like there was a period of time where he spawned those slot machines in every head office and several other places and kept on trying to trick people into using them, if ya break them, he spawns in another, if you try to break the one he is near, he will go build mode and tip it, or possess it and run away.

• 3 months later...

I want to apologize for how long this has taken to get around to, there's really no excuse for how long this has taken to get a response. Sadly I'm having issues with sorting through the data pertaining to 2023's rounds when filtering specifically to look into this, currently working with our server dev team to help me with that issue to get a proper response to this AC. I will post a response by this upcoming weekend at the latest, hopefully sooner than that.

• 2 weeks later...

wanted to give an update regarding this, found a work around solution and currently looking into it in depth. Will try to have a proper response posted here tomorrow, sorry for the delay once again.

Alright so I want to offer my sincerest apology about the time it took to get this a proper response, I will be the first to admit I'm not the greatest with one of our backend systems to filter server logs and data in mass. It took multiple attempts and days to work through it with some help as I wanted to make sure this wasn't something that was still happening or had happened a lot in the past. I will be providing a graph with the context that the orange spike that's number 2 in terms of height is a ckey-less body(s) being chucked around and to keep in mind this data is across a 6 month period and includes a some data squashed together slightly due to parsing. That said I verified the largest spike which is the exact round ID you mentioned in this AC and saw what looked like 2000 hits for vendors alone, there's about 1/5 of that spike that can be attributed to other buildmode actions from coolrune during that round as well.

image.png?ex=6622ccf9&is=661057f9&hm=e0a

After that event you can see a sharp drop off from after the spike. Coolrune has agreed that they went a bit overboard in regards to the vendor tipping that round but believed they were adding some fun and interest to the round due to the quick ending of the sentient vendor event. They have taken feedback after the event and from the complaint itself.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Considering it's been a little over a month since the last message was sent in this AC, I'm going to mark it as resolved as there's been no additional incidents from what I can tell and steps were taken to address the issues within the complaint.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use