fawkes5180

Admin(s) Key: Xenni
Your ckey (Byond username): fawkes5180
Your Discord name (if applicable): N/A

Date(s) of incident (GMT preferred): 6/6/24 ~9:00 GMT

ROUND ID: 40592

Nature of complaint: Clarification Required, Feedback

Links to all relevant ban appeals for any bans related to this complaint: N/A

Brief description: Made lethal floorpills. Got talked to about it. Told to pick up the lethal floorpills/given "final warning" after having sassed admin

Full description of events: Made twenty floorpills, ten blue pills, ten red pills, labeled "Blue Pill" and "Red Pill" after their color. The red floorpills had five units space drugs, the blue floorpills had 5 units prions. Unknown number of people died (it was a greenshift, med was on the ball, estimated 1-2 fatalities) Got bwoinked about it. Sassed the admin (copy pasted them Adminhelp Denied, IC issue as I was already getting brigged, griped about how it was a greenshift, briefly debated the rules on floorpills, comparing maint floorpills to the ones I was making.) Given "final warning", told to pick up all the lethal floorpills.

Clarification required:

- Floorpills in my opinion are a "you did it to yourself" / traditional greytider kind of thing, but the admin disagreed as I was distributing them on the floor versus the ones that naturally spawn in maint. Please clarify the rules on floorpill distribution/what rule did I break?

Trialmin Feedback: 

- After you've figured out what's going on (asked me what if I knew what I was doing) make a decision/verdict quicker instead of getting bogged down debating the rules, that's what admin complaints is for.

- Waiting to tell me to pick up the pills after I was already brigged felt slightly patronizing a la pick up that can, as it would not meaningfully affect the round as I had a 20 minute timer and could not go pick up the pills that were already out, in addition command had already announced a safety warnin

• clown 1
  • fastparrot 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry it has taken a bit to get to this Admin Complaint and get you some clarification on the rules. Typically when it comes to floor pills it's under the assumption they're not gonna kill people or make it difficult to revive someone, while some make life difficult or are considered pretty dangerous majority of the maintenance floor pills don't result in death or a death that requires the victim to be cloned in order to be revived. People shouldn't be consuming floor pills either but the general idea of how dangerous they're allowed to be comes from the Self-Antagging section of the rules, generally small crimes are considered okay to do within reason and context for what's going on in the round but we don't want people killing others or committing major crimes as non-antags. Prions in pills is incredibly dangerous and typically results in death compared to say a unit of space ants in a pill or a couple units of space drugs. 

Xenni should have informed you what rule was broken and explained the issue a bit better in the end but they are also newer to staff as a Trial Admin and as such mistakes like these tend to happen as they settle into the role and understanding of the rules and intentions of them. The main reason of them contacting you was correct in their understanding as it goes past what we consider is alright for a non-antag to be doing. I will be giving them some feedback on how best to handle these situations in the future. Is there anything else that needs clarification or additional conversation here that I haven't touched on?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use