Trail admin abusing power

Posted (edited)

Admin(s) Key: Komra822
Your ckey (Byond username): ScarecrowKitsune
Your Discord name (if applicable): ScarecrowKitsune

Date(s) of incident (GMT preferred): 6/7/2024

ROUND ID: 40611

Nature of complaint:
(Select all that apply: EG - clarification required, misapplication of rules, misconduct, abuse of powers, feedback, other)
Links to all relevant ban appeals for any bans related to this complaint:

Brief description (tl;dr here. Just the critical elements): Changed my name, and race in game, used props to cause harm 

Full description of events:  A trial admin named komra822 first got on me about my name not being very moth like I don't see why it cant be what it is its not offensive and its not like people have 2 names like you can have a Japanese name and a American name in real life were in space where there is many mix and i seen crazier names for races then kida for a bug so i tell him i dont see a point in changing because were in space around people having this name doesn't seem off So his response is change my name slam me with a vending machine, Drug me, and admin change me into a AI robot that's 100% abuse of power as  the Quotemaster is watching this happening i been playing off and on for over a year now i use to just be a barber all the time in the late nights then i started doing cargo and sec with two of my friends that been playing longer then me and this is the first anyone has said anything about my name

Edited by ScarecrowKitsune
Requested to do the form post correctly

Hi there, please use the Complaint template when making an admin complaint found here: 

You can decide to make a new Admin Complaint with the proper template or if you're able to edit your current post to use the complaint template.

Hey there, thank you for making the admin complaint!

When we first implemented Nians, we attempted to have them follow a tighter naming scheme as posted on the wiki, to avoid the moth / lamp memes of old.

Naming Schemes

So they proposed the following name structure for interstellar recognition:

The first name is always the primary skill of the being. It is always bridged with a preposition or prepositional phrase (such as ‘of the’ or ‘for’) The last name is related to a stellar phenomenon that they believe they are related to–by destiny, by family, or other means.

Examples of names include:

Weaver of Antares

Tender of the Crab Nebulae

Knight of Epsilon Eridani

Poet in Service to Cygni-9b

Arkwright Bound by Tau Ceti

Whether or not this scheme will change in the future, it is how it is now, so Komrad was not being unreasonable asking you to change your character name, even if you have been playing them for a while.

As for the vendoring / turning into a borg, that would not be ok for a trial to do (or a game admin in responce to you not agreeing with them changing your name). However in this case, it was not an admin doing this to you.

image.thumb.png.3e1dea3e4158d051634a329eaa850285.png.508eb03f6a23d91d7c71e6b2b378f83c.png

image.thumb.png.be2e58960683bdea79028d982622dd57.png.80384f60e9931cb919805fdb42f88156.png

In this case, a changeling vendored you, and fed you the borging nanomachines (along with another nasty batch of chemicals)

Any questions about your name / the naming scheme?

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use