"Complaint" towards FunnyMan3595

Damian

Admin(s) Key: FunnyMan3595
Your ckey (Byond username): Grandalff
Your Discord name (if applicable): grandalff_karkov

Date(s) of incident (GMT preferred): around 17:30 gmt

ROUND ID: FunnyMan3595

Nature of complaint: Feedback, other

Links to all relevant ban appeals for any bans related to this complaint: N/A (not ban related)

Brief description (tl;dr here. Just the critical elements): Admin refuses to return a cult ascended spirit to body after they toogle antag hud.

Full description of events: I, as an ascended dark spirit on a cult round toogled my antag hud. I assumed it would be not a big deal, but when I realised I cant return to my body I ahelped it. FunnyMan responded with "Sucks". After asking abit again, they said I did it myself, and shortly after, replaced me with another ghost and telling me to cease communicating with the cult.

I dont know if its policy to not return me, but I feel like it wouldnt defeat the purpose of the mechanic (in my mind its to prevent dead people from knowing who the antags and get revived afterwards, metagame), especially as in my mind dark spirits are supposed to be omnipotent. And I as a cultist already knew all cultists, so there was nothing really gained from it.

I would lie if im not mad, as I got round removed for a dumb mistake and got showed no leniancy. I dont blame them for what they did, it isnt their job to fix my mistakes constantly, but reversing a dumb mistake once doesnt seem like it would be all that bad...

Hello there I will be handling this complaint, for the future please do include the round ID if you can recall it and especially the date of when it happened even if the incident occurred the same day as the complaint was submitted. It helps us track down the information easier and faster when checking out the logs relating to the round. Now having said that I will move into the complaint itself.

I've spent the time to look through the logs of the round and through the PMs between the two of you, The response from Funnyman was not intended to come off as it was as in his words meant to come off as a joke. I have already spoken to Funnyman regarding his response to the ahelp and promises to do better in the future in regards to how text can be taken differently than intended. As for the nature of how they handled the ahelp at the core, he was within his ability to determine to either return you to your body or refuse to do so as he did. When you enabled Antag Hud as a ghost (cult ghost or normal observer/ghost) you lose respawnability and the game warns you directly with a window that mentions that will happen and requires a confirmation before AHud is enabled. All things considered past the issues I addressed with how Funnyman responded to the ahelp they did nothing wrong, unless you have anything else you need clarified I consider this matter resolved.

ADMIN: Grandalff/(Damian Willard) has enabled antaghud as an observer and forfeited respawnability.
var/response = tgui_alert(ghost, "If you turn this on, you will not be able to take any part in the round.", "Are you sure you want to enable antag HUD?", list("Yes", "No"))

• 5 weeks later...

no further responses for a few weeks, going to file this as resolved and closed.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use