Name Review

DukeCarinae

Byond Key: DukeCarinae

IC Name for Review: The Law

Race: IPC

Is this a Mime or Clown Job Name? No.

Reason/Backstory: I was thinking of playing an IPC security officer with the name "The Law" and abiding by one of the more extreme AI lawsets-- like Robocop or Paladin. I understand that it is a bit of an LRP name, but I don't want to play it as LRP, and I wanted to be sure that I had it approved (or denied!) by an admin before I went ahead and tried it out. I understand that Nanotrasen wouldn't just hire a robot named "The Law" to work as a botanist or something, but I felt like if I only went ahead with playing it as a security officer, it might get a pass.

• dead 1

• 2 weeks later...

hello there sorry this has taken a bit to be gotten to, my fault for thinking I had hit enter when I actually didn't and closed the webpage. The name is very LRP and extremely confusing for others, people might hear law and get confused thinking about space law or lawsets or vice versa on top of the way those lawsets would put you against the valid hunting rules in some scenarios. We really cannot expect people to always remember to only play a certain role with giving okay on names as accidents will happen or people having simply forgotten about it, plus it doesn't end up working to enforce x player to do y via admins watching players since so many different people play at different times. You'll have to find a different name to use.

• 2 weeks later...

no further responses for a couple weeks, considering this as resolved and filling as such.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use