Admin complaint - Lewc

borderlinecrazy

Admin(s) Key: @lewc
ckey: Rawmoddles
Discord name: castledquill

Date(s) of incident (GMT): 3:12 AM

ROUND ID: 41129

Nature of complaint: Absurd reasoning behind ticket.

Links to all relevant ban appeals for any bans related to this complaint: N/A

Brief description: EOC tried to kill me, failed and died, admin tried to insist i was in the wrong for defending myself.

Full description of events: I go into the maintenance tunnels to go get some loot and all, Then a traitor tried to kill me suddenly, Thankfully i got the upper hand and killed him before I could go into heart failure or such, I also saw that he had a Auto-mender, And killed him so I could use it on me so I didn't succumb into Crit, Then the Admin created a ticket asking why I beat him to death and even after I thoroughly explained that he not only was a traitor, but that he literally tried to kill me, Insisted that I "should not have escalated" as far as I did, Even though I was the (Off-duty at the moment) HOP.

image_2024-07-20_002118112.png.2523971b8da09997ca28796758f4a031.png

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

generally we don't allow people to self close or delete their posts in this section as we don't want people to make admin complaints and unban appeals, delete their admin complaint to attempt to get an appeal handled and in the times where their appeal is denied immediately reopen their admin complaint and be basically back at square one. 

Though we can handle this one now as I have taken the time to look through the logs, the intention of the TA who contacted you was to figure out why you beat the antag to death they had no idea at first that the antag had an automender on their person and went into the situation more so asking questions than assuming you did something wrong to the point of considering a ban or negative note regarding what transpired. The messages appear more of a remainder to keep within the rules of self defense of trying to escape when possible but considering they only found out about the automender after you mentioned it to them in PMs did it shift from a reminder to a more clear cut thing of self defense as you had no means to reliably get away from the antag. Now Lewc should have mentioned that the automender information cleared up things for them in PMs and been a little more clear about that fact but they understand that going forward. 

Right then, Thanks for taking care of it, But... not to sound like a douchebag, But could I get a tl;dr? The way you wrote it confused me a little, Although that might be on me for reading this after just having woken up.

Also, The reason why I wanted it closed was due to not being bothered by this interaction anymore, Think I just overreacted.

I can give a tl;dr regardless, basically lewc saw an antag be killed by someone who wasn't security and wasn't sure why they were dead/killed by you and contacted you to remind you to remember where self defense ends in terms of the game's rules. He had no idea about the automender at first and only came to understand why you did what you did when you mentioned the automender to him. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use