Admin Complaint. DEGG444

Shoop

Admin(s) Key: DEGG444
Your ckey (Byond username): ShoopTheClown
Your Discord name (if applicable):

Date(s) of incident (GMT preferred):8/3/24

ROUND ID: 41317

Nature of complaint: INENTIONAL DIRELECTION OF DUTY

Select all that apply: Misapplication of rules, abuse of powers.
Links to all relevant ban appeals for any bans related to this complaint:n/a

Brief description (tl;dr here. Just the critical elements): Additional neglect of duties, does NOT enforce NON-ANTAG aggression against nonplayers, does not look into events, mutes chats, ignores tickets when taken, takes tickets first to prevent other admins judgments.

Full description of events: Role: Chap. Grieved by NON-ANTAG sec for ENTIRETY of match, punching, pushing, stealing. Refuses to apply rules (Rule 7. Article 2. Section 2, Violence capable of inflicting serious damage to someone; is reserved for Antagonists.) to aggressor, attack aggressor in self-defense (Rule 7. Article 2. Section 2,  " Outside Self-Defense; ).

Detained permanently, and killed in brig by sec. Admin DEGG444 MUTES chats. And this is NOT THE FIRST TIME me or others having to deal with this admin doing this to new players and not applying rules to sec or non-antag

I'm trying to be cool and formal but this guy just does not get it, and will only bring about more chaos and griefing in either player non-antag retaliation. It destroys the particular game mode's playability and RP level and overall drains the fun out of this server for both new and returning players.

• 2 weeks later...

I have taken the time to review the logs from that round to get a good idea of what transpired here from the start of the round to the end. While the logs doesn't show me everything it does give me and any admin in game a good idea what was happening. Starting from the beginning it seems like you ended up in the kitchen, some shoving happened even involving the chef as a third party who used their special martial arts to disarm and grab you to toss you outside the kitchen. You ended up in the kitchen a second time and ejected once more in similar fashion. A third instance of you finding yourself in the kitchen that ended with you being ejected from the kitchen for the final time by the chef to which you responded by throwing a beaker at the chef. This then turned into a shoving match in front of the bridge in the main hallway and the other person grabbing you by the neck before they were stopped by a third party, continuing away from the kitchen in a small chase between the two of you ending with you being crushed by a soft drink vending machine after being shoved into it by the same person from before. After being fixed by medical, you both started back up into your shoving and grabbing match that then proceeded to escalate into you beating him nine times with a potted plant and a single punch as he continued to just grab and disarm you. At this point security intervenes and places you in cuffs and arrests you for what happened.

Following this you ahelp'd "make this piece of shit realease me and make him go after greifers" and were informed by Degg that security did nothing wrong and if you had issues with what security had done to handle it IC, to which I agree as security were doing exactly what they should be doing considering what they saw and came across IC as well as it was an IC issue at the core. Following that response from the admin you maintained a hostile attitude in all of your replies including ahelping enough to have 4 separate tickets created for the same issue. Ahelping "where are the goddamn mods" doesn't help the situation at all for both the admin trying to understand what's going on or for yourself in getting any answers, Degg replied explaining that paradise doesn't permit players to beat others into crit over simple IC issues between non-antags. 

Adminhelp: ShoopTheClown/(Shoop): TELL ME WHY THE FUCK HE WAS ATTACKING ME THE WHOLE GAME AS NON ANTAG - heard by 5 non-AFK admins. 
PM: Degg444/(x)->ShoopTheClown/(Shoop): <font face="Verdana">If you thought he was breaking the rules, you ahelp and we will handle it, you dont take it into your own hands.

Nothing in Degg's replies are unprofessional, in fact he continued to maintain a calm composure in his messages whilst dealing with you and the ahelp spam you were doing.

ADMIN: Adminhelp: ShoopTheClown/(Shoop): THEN SAY YOU ARE GOING TO FIX IT
ADMIN: Adminhelp: ShoopTheClown/(Shoop): IM HERE TRYING TO STAY IN THE GAME HAVE FUN AND HES DOING THIS SHIT 
ADMIN: Adminhelp: ShoopTheClown/(Shoop): SO AT THE POINT YOU WANT ORDER MAINTAIN ORDER OTHERWISE AS A PLAYER I NEED TO DO WHAT I CAN TO STAY IN THE GAME FROM NON ANTAG
ADMIN: PM: Degg444/(x)->ShoopTheClown/(Shoop): <font face="Verdana">Please stop sending ahelps, this matter has been resolved.
ADMIN: Adminhelp: ShoopTheClown/(Shoop): Not on my end it hasnt
ADMIN: Degg444/(x) has muted ShoopTheClown/(Shoop) from adminhelp, admin PM and ASAY

You spammed Ahelps over what is essentially an IC issue and were silenced from continuing to spam Ahelps after the admin determined your issue to be handled already after warning you to stop spamming ahelps. Everything they've done is completely within their judgement and in my opinion was the correct thing to do in the end, I see no evidence of being mistreated by the admin, failure to uphold the rules or anything of the sort. If you were having an issue with another player you should be Ahelping that player and being polite with the admins who's responsibility is to look into matters and direct you in how to handle an issue if it's deemed an IC issue and not an OOC issue like breaking rules. This complaint is without merit and will be filed as such.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use