Project NT-Z

Name of Event: Project NT-Z

One Sentence Description: New Necrotizing Plague Sequence gone wrong (or right?) with or without Syndicate interference.

Map Changes: No - This works with the standard NSS Cyberiad map.

Code Changes: No - It's an RP event, no code should need to be changed (for now, although it might be cool to implement this into the code base eventually)

Suggested Number of Players: 70+ or however many is required for a "zombie" event, [enough to be able to have a small Syndicate team (max 2-3 players), a good security team (~6-7), a CMO, Captain, and Virologist]

Full Description of Event:

This can be kicked off either from a Virologist requesting approval to, or Nanotransen Central Command/Nanotransen Research Division faxing a memo directly to the Station stating that they require assistance investigating a fifth anti-plague sequence of the Necrotizing Plague.

If the virologist requests approval, I've got a little in-game memo for flavor to show an example:

[center][logo][b]
Glory to Nanotrasen[/b][/center]
[hr]
[large]Subject: [u]Project Zed Approval[/u][/large]
Date: [date]
Time: [time]

[h3]Nanotrasen Central Command,[/h3]
In the pursuit of advancing our understanding of pathogenic control and the potential weaponization of viral agents, [b]I submit for your approval[/b] a request to synthesize and further analyze the four existing Anti-Plague Sequences of the [i]Advanced Resurrection Syndrome Virus[/i] or [i]Necrotizing Plague[/i], a virus colloquially known as the "zombie virus." My research aims to delve into the depths of viral manipulation, particularly to explore the viability of a fifth Anti-Plague Sequence that could alter the neurological control of the infected, rendering them subservient to the will of their injector.

The implications of such a discovery could vastly extend our capabilities in both offensive and defensive scenarios, providing Nanotrasen with unparalleled control over bioengineered assets. The potential applications range from enhanced security measures to the strategic deployment of reanimated forces under direct command.

I believe that this research could contribute significantly to the dominance and saftey of Nanotrasen's operations. I am therefore requesting your authorization to proceed with this study, which will be conducted with the upmost caution, in adherence to all biohazard containment protocols, in accordance with the Medical Standard Operating Policy, and pursuant to Space Law.

This project could very well be a pivotal step towards achieving absolute mastery over one of the most formidable viral threats encountered by our station.

If approved, I request samples of the [i][b]Advanced Resurrection Syndrome (Necrotizing Plague)[/i][/b] to be delivered to the [station] within a locked crate that must be unlocked and opened either by myself, the Chief Medical Officer, or the Captain.

For the benefit and advancement of Nanotrasen, I await your approval.

[u][large][field][/large][/u]
Virologist, [station]
[small](rank, station)[/small]

[small][b]Endorsement #1[/small][/b]
[small](signature)[/small]
[field], [field]

[small][b]Endorsement #2[/small][/b]
[small](signature)[/small]
[field], [field]

[i][small]in lieu of signatures, approval stamps denotes endorsement[/small][/i]

If approved (both in-character RP between the CMO and Captain/NTR), then this memo should be faxed to Central and then a virus crate with a culture of the Necrotizing Plague should show up in the next cargo delivery.

However, if Nanotransen Central Command and/or Nanotransen Research Division specifically *tasks* the station to do this, there's no approval process. It should be done taking priority over the Primary Goals outlined in the medical laptop's "Virology Goals" tab. Once the virus crate is delivered to the station, the Syndicate officers on the ship get a priority message from the Syndicate stating:

[center][syndielogo][b]
Death to Nanotrasen
SRB-13 Priority Broadcast[/b]

Operatives,

We have intercepted communique regarding a bioweapon that Nanotrasen is aiming to use to guarantee continued strength in this sector. Get copies of all relevant information such as paperwork, research notes, and samples affiliated with "Project NT-Z" and relay them back to me.

This is a stealth operation, only kill if you must. We cannot let Nanotransen know what we are trying to do.

We cannot let this go unanswered.

Officer [field], Syndicate Command

The virologist will be tasked with synthesizing each of the four currently-known anti-plague sequences (Alpha, Beta, Gamma, and Omega), and once they have all four, NCC should be notified that all four sequences have been acquired and the study for the fifth will be underway. Hopefully, by this time, the Syndicate officers/operatives will have tried to break-in and steal whatever the Virologist was working on, leading to accidental exposure to the Necrotizing Plague and thus, a zombie outbreak occurs.

Hopefully, this scenario gives the CMO and Virologist some head-way in developing the cure. As we all know, trying to sequence the cure with a full-blown zombie outbreak is really hard when everything is already in chaos.

// END OF EVENT AS IT IS RIGHT NOW -- RP ONLY

However, for the future, I think it would be really cool to see a fifth anti-plague sequence (which I'll just call Anti-Plague Zeta) added to the codebase.

Here's my thoughts about how to synthesize it:

1. Take blood, infect with the necrotizing plague, add Alpha, Beta, Gamma, and Omega and then inject into a host
2. Requires communication between Central & the Station, Central gives a list of 3 6-symptom stealth virus (stealth >= 3) strains that may be used to help modify the necrotizing plague to get Zeta
For example, this strain would have a stealth value of 5:
(Symptom - Stealth Value)
 - Confusion - 1
 - Hallucinogen - -2
 - Headache - -1
 - Longevity - 3
 - Toxic Compensation - 1
 - Viral Self-Adaptation - 3
3. Infect the host with the new viral strain (only one per host)
4. Wait like 5-ish minutes and test for subservience and/or hostility (if it worked, the zombie should obey the commands of it's injector, kind of like Golems with their creator, except they can't speak)

Completely just workshopping the "how to synthesize" and absolutely doesn't need to happen at all.

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use