Name Review Request

Jamridden

Byond Key: Jamridden

IC Name for Review: Medicine King

Race: Human

Is this a Mime or Clown Job Name? No

Reason/Backstory:

In Mahayana Buddhism, "Medicine King" is an epithet attributed to Shakyamuni in a previous incarnation. This is mentioned in the Mahayana Buddhist text, "The Lotus Sutra," where prior to attaining fully awakened Buddhahood Gotama has to go through a number of altruistic lifetimes as a Bodhisattva (essentially, a quasi-Buddha with limited quantities of merit and knowledge of universal processes).

I am admittedly not a Buddhist IRL, however I found the philosophical concepts depicted in "The Lotus Sutra" to be fairly interesting, and so I had the concept of a human character bearing the name "Medicine King." My present outline for the character would be: lay Buddhist who was either orphaned and given said name by monks who raised him in a monastery, or someone whose parent's simply decided to give him said name, and who later decided to pursue a career at Nanotrassen.

I also had the idea of this character playing primarily as a doctor, however I haven't played many rounds so I'm not whitelisted for this job yet. Also, I really enjoy playing engineer so I wouldn't want to fully commit to that.

I know this server has fairly strict RP name rules! I'm only posting here because the admin who told me the RP name *might* not fit the server rules suggested that I could post a name review here if I wanted to. I'd fully understand if this name review gets denied.

If this name review is in fact denied, please let me know if this is 1. unconditional or 2. if I could possibly resubmit this with a more fleshed-out and justified backstory for the character.

Heya, I will review your name review and share the majority of the Head of the Staff's view on it.

Medicine King is more a title rather than a name which is disallowed by our naming rules, you will need to change this name so it is not perceived as a title anymore.

King as a last name is fine, the whole "Medecine King' turns it into a title however.

8 minutes ago, Tourte said:

Heya, I will review your name review and share the majority of the Head of the Staff's view on it.

Medicine King is more a title rather than a name which is disallowed by our naming rules, you will need to change this name so it is not perceived as a title anymore.

King as a last name is fine, the whole "Medecine King' turns it into a title however.

Okay. Thank you for reviewing this name anyways.

Do you have any more questions about the name review ? If not I'll move this name review to resolved.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use