Running SS13 on Linux?

AzyWng

I'm running an Arch Linux distro on my computer and noticed that I could get SS13 running with Lutris.

However, I can't actually join this server with the version of BYOND Lutris installs, nor can I update through the in-game menu (when I do, BYOND stops working altogether).

What should I do? It's been a long while since I last played on Paradise Station but I'd like to do so again.

• Like 1

I'm also an arch user. 

Sadly it's not possible to run ss13 on Linux at this stage. Even if you were to get in game, wine doesn't have support for ie11, which various game features (most notably the chat) rely on. Even servers without that dependancy (bay, for example) have frequent crash issues. You'd be best off using a Windows VM with a gpu passthrough if you don't want windows running bare metal on your PC. I personally use a dual boot configuration, but I look forward to the day I can remove windows for good. 

Edited by Spacemanspark

We're getting close to the release of Byond 516. This will give us Webview 2 (And Edge IIRC) and people have already managed to get Linux working on that!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use