Surgery Tool Trolley

TullyBBurnalot

Alright, so, every person who's ever played surgeon for a long period of time will tell you that the current tool disposition inside Surgery leaves much to be desired. Not only do you need to stand in a corner in order to reach everything without having to constantly move, but no matter how you place the tools it's always a hassle to get the mouse pointer directly on the item sprite, particularly when it comes to the Hemostat (really thin), Retractor (weird-ass sprite with lots of holes) and the Cautery (when underneath pretty much anyting).

Now, I'm not saying this stops you from doing surgery properly. However, having the tools just strewn out on a table like that looks incredibly... odd. More like a showcase than any sort of surgery room.

As such, I suggest the Surgery Trolley! Something along the lines of the Janitorial Cart that would let us store all our tools in one place, while at the same time being capable of keeping the menu open during surgery and easily swap out tools when we need them! Not to mention, you could also lock it so unauthorized personnel can't barge into Surgery and steal your saw the millionth time.

That way, instead of constantly clicking the tables and hunting for the right pixels, you can click the trolley, leave the menu open, and then just select the tools you desire as you so need them! Convenience for medical magicians!

Yeah I usually stack all surgery tools on one tile and use the alt+click, so convenient. But there's always someone complaining about it becoming harder to use them, or they take the time to reorder them if I'm not there to explain.

I quite like the current setup, though the tools could do with a better default setup (but you can do that yourself). All the tools are easily in arm's reach of the operating table.

I've never really had a problem with clicking on the tool I need. If you have then that suggests a sprite change rather than adding a cart.

If all the tools are in one cart then people will just nick that instead of the one tool they need. However, it would deal with the problem where all the tools fly out into maintenance if it's even a little bit depressurised.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use