Coffee lounge

Citinited

I had an idea the other day for a coffee lounge to replace the vacant office.

Make it open-air and have wooden tables, and comfy chairs, and a bit for a barista to serve coffee and snacks behind (alt-titled bartender?). Add bookcases and have them spawn with a couple random books from the library database, and add a couple of newspapers so people can read stuff while drinking their latte. Add storage with some coffee beans so that botany aren't immediately pressed to grow beans. Make the floor wood / carpet to look nice.

Another idea (which ties in with this and was mentioned on another thread) is a coffee system!

New item: coffee machine, lots of functionalities such as:

• Dispense normal coffee, ice, and water.

• Make frothed milk and steamed milk out of milk.

Make espresso shots (add a glass and coffee beans to the machine, click it and out pops 15u of espresso)

Add syrups and sprinkles to drinks.

Other items:

• Handheld coffee grinder, makes ground coffee from added coffee beans. (maybe you can specify the grind and it extracts different based on how finely you grind it?)

• Amaretti biscuits, for a nice little snack.

Cigars?

Recipes:

• Espresso shot: add espresso to glass.

• Americano: 1:1 espresso:water.

Latte: 1:2 espresso:steamed milk.

Cappucino: 1:2 espresso:foamed milk.

Mocha: 1:1 espresso: steamed milk, finish with chocolate sprinkles.

Macchiato: 2:1 espresso:foamed milk.

And other such coffee-based drinks.

Have beneficial effects from drinking coffee made like this so it's not just completely aesthetic. (Hyperzine obviously, how about some tricordrazine? Maybe methylphanidate for the funkier drinks?)

Thoughts and criticisms? Would you use an area like this?

This thread more or less sums up how I spent a quiet round. As an atmos tech, I ended up building a disposal tube transit between the bar and vacant office (literally made it to the bar before anyone even asked what I was doing), then relocated the booze-o-mat from the maint bar to the vacant office and began converting it into a cafe/lounge. Shuttle got called before I finished everything, but people were already stopping by to check it out and seemed to like the idea.

The foodcart in the kitchen also can help promote the delivery of food and drinks from the main bar and kitchen to the office if you want to make a nice upscale dining room.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use