Add back more secondary languages.

Shadeykins

*Throwing something at the wall to see if it sticks*

So, Idea. With various languages being able to be spoken over the radio, why not make it so that the Telecommunication machines are able to translate them automatically? The thing that gave me that idea is the fact that the AI and it's Cyborgs are automatically equipped with programs to translate pretty much all of the languages that they can hear, with the caveat that they are unable to synthesize a large portion of those languages. So, what's stopping people from moving that programming to the various radio channels? Of course, this means the non-humans wont be able to make all those 'These humans are so inept at what they do', and make it so you cant have private conversations over the Common channel, but hey, it's the bloody COMMON CHANNEL, where EVERYONE talks.

I'm also a fan of the idea of the humans being able to understand one of the alien languages, but unable to actually speak it. I mean, you can LEARN what various gestures and sounds mean, given time and the proper teaching. So why not give people the option to, for instance, add the non-human racial speech to a third option in character creation, where you cannot speak it, but you can understand it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use