Slime changes.

fludd12

A few suggestions for changes to slimes.

First off, make tamed slimes a subset of normal slimes. This would make tamed slimes be able to take orders. However, make it so that tamed slimes will not get hungry, so they won't randomly attack people.

Tamed slimes would always have maximum friendship with their tamer, meaning that they'd always follow orders, including that to stop attacking.

Adding an 'attack' command, which makes slimes attempt to attack / feed upon the mob that matches the findstring() that isn't the slime's identifier. This way, tamed slimes become incredibly viable combat. (Though, easy to stop if you've got enough sheets of plasma.) Slimes will only attack friends if ordered by someone who is a better friend, thanks to the friend "points" system.

Slimes can move incredibly fast, we know this, so why does the follow command make them move slower than walking dionae? Lets fix that.

Slimes should attack anyone who they see attack their friends, unless the attacker has a higher friendship with the slime.

Slimes could have a 25% chance of losing friendship points with someone in sight if they notice a dead slime's body. This would only activate if they ask what happened, to give an indicator that they're upset. Gives incentive to deal with dead slimes quickly.

That's about all I can think of, any other ideas? I'll try programming a few of these.

Okay, turns out slime speech recognition is difficult to pull off, I might be some time before figuring out some of this.

I hate to keep bumping this post, but just another update, I believe I've finished the attack command code. I'll compile it when I get home, and see how it works.

Considering my last try for this borked all commands, this'll hopefully be a step up.

Also, feel free to say if I should just let this topic die.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use