Remove the math from telescience

ArgyleSweatShop

4. There is no discovery because the codebase is open source and you can literally just open the map to know where literally everything is.

5. Telesci is horrendously broken and overpowered.

There needs to be some sort of skill to it. Even I admit to using calculators, the whole math aspect really kills it. Hell, the old telescience was better, because at least then I actually did the math.

Changing how it works would be kinda nice. The math aspect wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't so arbitrary. Integrating a crew monitor function to allow it to lock onto anyone with their tracking beacon set would be nifty, though requiring a calibration first to prevent a mishap (like stationary teleports)

Additional components to the telepad or adding other machines to the room could also increase the effectiveness of the pad, I'd be very interested in seeing a full Star Trek themed telescience with multiple telepads to allow multiple people to be beamed around at once, such as sending 2-3 engineers at once to a hull breach in the prison wing, or recalling security officers and sending them to the bridge during a nuke ops attack.

Changing how it works would be kinda nice. The math aspect wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't so arbitrary. Integrating a crew monitor function to allow it to lock onto anyone with their tracking beacon set would be nifty, though requiring a calibration first to prevent a mishap (like stationary teleports)

Additional components to the telepad or adding other machines to the room could also increase the effectiveness of the pad, I'd be very interested in seeing a full Star Trek themed telescience with multiple telepads to allow multiple people to be beamed around at once, such as sending 2-3 engineers at once to a hull breach in the prison wing, or recalling security officers and sending them to the bridge during a nuke ops attack.

Nuke op #1: GOT THE DISK AND NO OFFICERS NEARBY THIS IS SO EASY

Suddenly security teleports into bridge

Nuke op #1: Me and my big mouth

SCIENCE ISNT SCIENCE WITHOUT MATH

Should be a random salt not being able to calculate so easily, removing the math is would make it literally the most OP tool on the station for any idiot able to use.

Right now you have to use a sliver of effort in finding / opening a program or spreadsheet.

A much better thing would be to either make it a lot more expensive to use, adding a longer cooldown to it, or removing it completely.

How about having RD make an ingame calculator? It could also be linked to a random variable acting as a salt on the calculations, such as sun position (or whatever governs the solars being in shadow or light), making spreadsheats and that kind of out of game calculators useless maybe?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use