Rags for Gags 2016

Arkanot

Let's face it: some people are really really good at fighting. When you take someone down with intent on capturing them, you have one of two choices: tie them up right away, risking your target letting out a few peeps, or take off their headpiece and risk getting rekt.

I suggest Rags for Gags 2016. Use those useless rags lying around as a gag, similar to how the muzzle and ball gag works. It would be a cheap, easy way to mute people. If muting people is OP, replace all text spoken with "Greytide mumbles."

This would help close the skill gap between players and put more advantages in the lap of the antag.

Maybe my confusion reveals my lack of robustness, but how would gag help? Will you not face the same predicament? Do you expect that applying a gag will be quicker than removing a headset? Do you expect to apply a gag simultaneously with cuffing?

Gag first, stun again if possible, cuff?

I really do support this idea but there should be a few more rags that spawn in. Maybe random spawn in maint. Does the janitor have rags? I've never really played that job. Only rags I know of off the top of my head are in the bar, kitchen, and old bar.

A big appeal to me about SS13 is that while there are a lot of skillgap closing mechanics, it still features a lot of skillbased movements/decisions and the relative tact with which you act actually has payouts and planning/forward thinking can give you a solid advantage.

There's plenty of chems (Some even attainable legally) that will mute, or mute & paralyze a person almost instantly.

All it takes is a syringe gun or a hypo.

Pop and stun.

Most antags also have valid ways of muting/silencing their targets before taking them out - the only exception I can think of is vampires and wizards and I'm not even positive on that.

This sounds like it just lends an advantage to self-antagging or cults, neither of which need the advantage (since cults already have instant stun, instant mute, 15 sec paper).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use