Layout choices.

Fruerlund

So I'm sitting here and work and this idea popped into my head, I'll try to explain it in more detail once I get home but here it goes.

Once you play for a long time the station layout becomes familiar and "plain" to you to say in a good way. This new suggestion should hopefully spice the station up a bit and make it a little more different from shift to shift.

When you as a Captain, Detective, HoS, RD or CMO or any type of job which would be seemed fitted begin the round a menu appears prompting you to choose a layout of your office. A Captain could choose his traditional woody office or he could choose a command style one with metal floors and tables. The bartender could have a more modern bar with metal tables or perhaps a canteen instead.

etc.

etc.

Codewise the option he would choose would swap out the current layout for the one he chooses. Just like the holodeck works.

If there's no head of department present at round start it would just set it to default. Obviously it would not be possible to change the office after the shift has begun because... bluespace.

I'm not sure of the limitations that may prove to be an issue but since it's the objects that changes and the /area/ remains the same shape, size etc. I don't know would work against this.

I'll try to explain in more detail later.

I too am unsure of the limitations of how the engine can do that but having your own personal office layout ( as a head, anyway) sounds nice and dandy but I feel like, if it wasn't a 'fluff' item type of thing it might be abused on 'unbalanced'...especially the positions of spawned unique items.

Though tables and desk arrangements from the start would be nice.

I say if there was an option for a non-head office layout change it'd be the bar but not personalized. More or less a selection of types like current and modern .

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use